SAP PI (Process Integration)
SAP PI (Process Integration) is an integration platform which provides seamless integration between SAP and non-SAP applications within the organization A2A (Application to Application) or even outside the organization B2B (Business to Business).
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI) is SAP's enterprise application integration (EAI) software, a component of the NetWeaver product group used to facilitate the exchange of information among a company's internal software and systems and those of external parties. Before the current version, SAP PI was called SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI). Like other NetWeaver components, SAP PI is compatible with software products of other companies.
SAP calls PI an integration broker because it mediates between entities with varying requirements in terms of connectivity, format, and protocols. According to SAP, PI reduces the TCO by providing a common repository for interfaces. The central component of SAP PI is the SAP Integration Server, which facilitates interaction between diverse operating systems and applications across internal and external networked computer systems.
PI (Process Integration based on Exchange Infrastructure). It takes the responsibility of integrating different SAP and non-SAP systems in the Heterogeneous Landscape (network of different computers). PI acts as SOA Middleware and forms the backbone of SOA in SAP environment. Process Integration can be used as a Middleware Engine to communicate in a distributed environment. The heart of PI is Integration Engine that is used for integrating different technologies using Standard Messaging techniques, e.g XML. Different mapping tools are available for mapping the distributed system which can be mapped without having any expertise of Technical Details. As a real world example, PI can be helpful in integrating different banks with SAP R/3. PI also support previous releases of SAP R/3 like 4.6C and have many more adapters to communicate with legacy systems.
SAP PI is more than just an Integration Broker - it delivers cross-component BPM functionality
SAP PI is an integration technology and platform for
1. SAP and Non-SAP systems,
2. A2A and B2B scenarios,
3. Synchronous and Asynchronous communication,
4. Cross component Business Process management and it include built-in engine for designing and executing integration process (Business process).
5. The goal of SAP PI is to provide single point of integration of all systems inside and outside the corporate boundary across technologies and organizational boundaries.
6. The important feature of PI is openness, flexible and transparency to the integration process. It supports SOA.
7. The overall key concept of SAP PI is to drive integrated business process across heterogeneous and highly dynamic landscapes in a more manageable cost effective way.
8. The basic idea is to provide runtime infrastructure which allows heterogeneous systems to be tied together with fewer connections and at the same time, in order to connect those applications and let messages flow from one application to other, have a centralized storage of integration knowledge.
SAP PI connects different platforms like
SAP and Non-SAP systems
B2B and A2A Scenarios
Asynchronous and Synchronous Communications
Cross component business process management
We also provide online training on SAP ABAP On HANA, SAP S4 HANA, SAP HANA ADMIN, SAP BASIS ON HANA, SAP BI ON HANA, SAP HANA, SAP ABAP, SAP BASIS, SAP BI, SAP BO, SAP CIN, SAP CRM, SAP FICO, SAP FIORI, SAP SIMPLE FINANCE, SAP IS RETAIL, SAP MM, SAP SD, SAP HR, SAP Successfactors, SAP UI5, SAP HCM, SAP SCM, SAP SECURITY, SAP CO, SAP PI, SAP PS, SAP PM, SAP PP, SAP QM, SAP EWM, SAP ISU, SAP MDM, SAP NET WEAVER, SAP BPC, SAP SRM, SAP WEB DYNPRO, SAP AFARIA, SAP WM, SAP AWS, SAP APO, SAP CUSTOMER SERVICE, SAP EHS, SAP EP, SAP FM, SAP FSCM, SAP GRC, SAP OIL, SAP TRM, SAP WORKFLOW, SAP GST, SAP SIMPLE LOGISTICS and all modules.