SAP Controlling (CO)Description
SAP Controlling (CO) is another important SAP module offered to an organization. It supports coordination, monitoring, and optimization of all the processes in an organization.
SAP CO involves recording both the consumption of production factors and the services provided by an organization.
SAP CO includes managing and configuring master data that covers cost and profit centers, internal orders, and other cost elements and functional areas.
The main purpose of SAP controlling module is planning. It enables you to determine variances by comparing actual data with plan data and thus enables you to control business flows in your organization.
SAP CO Integration with Financial Accounting Both SAP CO and SAP FI modules are independent components in a SAP system. The data flow between these components takes place on a regular basis.
Data flows relevant to cost flows to Controlling from Financial Accounting. At the same time, the system assigns the costs and revenues to different CO account assignment objects, such as cost centers, business processes, projects or orders
The key submodules of SAP controlling system are listed below −
• Cost Element Accounting − Cost and Revenue Element Accounting provides you with an overview of the costs and revenues that occur in an organization. Most of the values are moved automatically from Financial Accounting to Controlling. Cost and Revenue Element Accounting only calculates costs which either do not have another expense or only one expense in Financial Accounting.
• Cost Center Accounting − Cost Center Accounting is used for controlling purposes within your organization.
• Activity-Based-Accounting − It is used to analyze cross-departmental business processes.
• Internal Orders − Internal orders in SAP CO are used to collect and control according to the job that incurred them. You can assign budgets for these jobs that is system monitored to ensure that they are not exceeded from the set budgets.
• Product Cost Controlling − It calculates the cost for manufacture a product, or to provide a service. It allows you to calculate the price at which you can profitably marketed it.
• Profitability Analysis − It is used to analyze the profit or loss of an organization by individual market segments. Profitability Analysis provides a basis for decision-making.
• Profit Center Accounting − It is used to evaluate profit or loss of individual, independent areas within an organization. These areas are responsible for their costs and revenues.
We also provide online training on SAP ABAP On HANA, SAP S4 HANA, SAP HANA ADMIN, SAP BASIS ON HANA, SAP BI ON HANA, SAP HANA, SAP ABAP, SAP BASIS, SAP BI, SAP BO, SAP CIN, SAP CRM, SAP FICO, SAP FIORI, SAP SIMPLE FINANCE, SAP IS RETAIL, SAP MM, SAP SD, SAP HR, SAP Successfactors, SAP UI5, SAP HCM, SAP SCM, SAP SECURITY, SAP CO, SAP PI, SAP PS, SAP PM, SAP PP, SAP QM, SAP EWM, SAP ISU, SAP MDM, SAP NET WEAVER, SAP BPC, SAP SRM, SAP WEB DYNPRO, SAP AFARIA, SAP WM, SAP AWS, SAP APO, SAP CUSTOMER SERVICE, SAP EHS, SAP EP, SAP FM, SAP FSCM, SAP GRC, SAP OIL, SAP TRM, SAP WORKFLOW, SAP GST, SAP SIMPLE LOGISTICS and all modules.